Friday, November 16, 2012

Wicked Fun Book

Have you ever had so much in your mind you can't contain it, but when you have the chance to write it down you just can't? 

Currently happening to me. 

I used to write a lot. I used to write down my thoughts, my blabs, or my nonsenses. Mostly in my blog, which is pretty abandoned right now. :P 

But here I am today, staring at my screen trying to find what I would like to share virtually but nothing comes out. I don't wanna write something meaningless but I think I am writing nonsense now anyway. :|

A few months ago, I bought this book: 

Mess - The Manual of Accidents and Mistakes by Keri Smith

Your whole life you've been taught to avoid 
making a mess: Try to keep everything under 
control, color inside the lines, make it 
perfect, and at all costs, avoid contact with 
things that stain. 

This book asks you to do the opposite of what 
you have been taught. Think of it as your own 
personal rumpus room. A place to let loose,
to trash, to spew, to do the things you are not 
allowed to do in the "real world." It's time to make a mess. 

Three rules to keep in mind:
1. Do not try to make something beautiful
2. Do not think too much. (There is no "wrong.")
3. Continue under all circumstances. 

The point of the book is to push you to let loose and break the rules. At the end of the day, the book will be unique to each other once we own it. I haven't started page one, (I even forget that I own this book. Oops!) but I'm going to start the introduction and do the rest of the book. Let's see if I can finish it! :)




ps: ..no. Actually, I'm not gonna start on page one. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment